Opening and closing board
Inspired by Montessori
Here is another original idea on how to make a DIY Montessori Inspired Recycled Opening and Closing Board.
Does your little child get frustrated when he or she can’t open bottles, jars and containers? If so, I will show you how to make an original DIY Montessori Inspired Recycled Opening and Closing Board for your toddler!🥰 This activity will certainly help your child learn how to open and close any type of bottle or container.
Keeping this in mind, this is a type of Montessori Practical Life Activity that you can easily do at home using recycled materials that you have collected like little containers and caps. It contributes to the development of your children’s fine motor skills. Follow these simple steps and help your child thrive! ❤️
– A sheet of plywood birch wood 🛒
– A pair of scissors
– Little containers and caps
1) Set the caps/little containers on a piece of plywood, being sure to place them the same distance from one another.
2) Put a layer of hot glue on the borders of each container and press it against the plywood. Keep it pressed for several seconds, so the container sticks to the plywood. Be careful not to press too hard or it may not stick properly.
3) Apply some glue dots to the piece of plywood so you can stick it onto the floor, the child’s mat or the child’s table. Doing so will help the board stay still and your child can safely practice how to opening and closing the little containers and caps.
– Gaining confidence and practice in opening and closing lids
– Encouraging and mastering fine motor skills development
– Fostering hand-eye coordination
– Building up children concentration
– Strengthen wrist and hand muscles
– Enhancing problem solving in little learners
– Stimulate their independence
– Strengthening of dexterity
– Develops your child’s pincer grip ( which is an essential and preliminary component of knowing how to hold a writing utensil, such as a pen or pencil)
In addition, you can even create other types of Montessori Inspired Activity Boards by using recycled material that you have in your home. Take a look at this other post, where I explain how to make a DIY Montessori Inspired Recycled Opening and Closing Bottles Board using small plastic bottles that I have collected at home.
If you liked this post, you’ll love the related articles. If you can’t find what you are looking for, come and visit us again soon. The Sakura Tree is always working hard to come up with new ideas and projects for you. ❤️
NOW IT’S TIME TO DO IT! Have fun and send me your comments – and please share with your friends and followers.