We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process any online enquiries, secondly to provide news if you are a subscriber, and thirdly to provide you with the best possible service.
You may like to know how we collect certain information or data about you and your visit to our website when you use www.thesakuratree.com
- Company – relates to any legitimate company, by which you are directly employed, authorised on behalf of, or plan to start
- Individual – relates to you as a visitor to the website
- GDPR – relates to The General Data Protection Regulations due to come into effect on 25th of May 2018
We will be collecting:
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email
- All personal information disclosed by you to us will be retained securely and we will not seek to append personal data from external sources
- Information on engagement with the emails you receive from us
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domain thesakuratree.com
- Personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender, age
- This data is held in a state of the art highly protected data storage environment within the UK and will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you
- Help improve the content we display on our website
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR
Where do We Store Your Data?
We only store data with Aruba SpA. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the EU. Unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
Most web browsers automatically accept ‘cookies’ but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies at any time, if you prefer. For more information please visit allaboutcookies.org
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we, at some point, may sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
The Sakura Tree uses Mail Chimp to send email marketing communications, both the MailChimp data centre and its support professionals are located within the EU.
By submitting your information into www.sakuratree.com into one of the data capture points you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company (see previous definition) or as an individual
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are accepting the relevance of our marketing email communications
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between www.thesakuratree.com and you
If you wish to find out more then please read MailChimp’s privacy notice.
Should You Wish to Stop Receiving Emails From Us
You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
Due to the open nature of the internet transmitting data to [server hosting], this must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the Aruba secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
Disclosing Your Information
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so. We will not share your information with any Third Parties not listed on our list of partners.
The Sakura Tree is working hard to ensure it sets an exemplarily standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the proposed the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.