DIY Zipper Board for Kids
Here is an easy and fun DIY (do it yourself) project to do with your children to develop their fine motor skills and to stimulate their creativity. Follow these simple steps below to make your own zipper board and reach your goal!
1) Cut a rectangular piece of cardboard from a cardboard box. Then make a suitable size of the board so all the zippers can fit. Choose a range of interesting colours for the child, such as red, blue, orange, pink and white.
2) Place all the zippers onto the cardboard, distancing them from each other 2.5 cm using a ruler.
3) Run a length of glue on either side of the zipper with the paint brush, completely avoiding the middle area that will be separated when the zipper is opened.
4) Stick the zippers onto the cardboard, adding other glue with the brush, if needed.
5) Press the zippers onto the cardboard very carefully, spreading the glue to the outer edges and open the zipper several times to avoid it from getting stuck.
Skills achieved with this zipper board activity:
– Mastering opening and closing objects
– Identifying colours
– Developing fine motor skills
– Improving sensory skills
– Stimulating curiosity and imagination
If you liked the DIY zipper board post, you’ll love the related articles. If you can’t find what you are looking for, come and visit us again soon. The Sakura Tree is always working hard to come up with new ideas and projects for you. ❤️
NOW IT’S TIME TO DO IT! Have fun and send me your comments – and please share with your friends and followers.