– A Penguin Christmas template (you can download a free printable template that I created here 🖨️)
– A paper plate
– Some black cardstock
– Some glue dots
– A glue stick
– A small paint brush
– A pair of scissors
– A piece of Christmas ribbon
– Some cotton
– Some gold, round stickers
– A felt red wool ball / One red pom pom wool
1) Download our Christmas Penguin free printable template and print it out.
2) Cut out all the template pieces. Then trace your penguin’s body and hat onto the plate. The head, wings, and rectangular support should be traced on the black card stock, while the nose and the feet should be traced onto the orange Eva foam sheet. Finally, cut out all the pieces to create your Christmas Penguin.
3) First glue the wings laterally to the penguin’s body using the glue stick. Then glue the head to the top of the plate head, and the feet to the bottom. Finally, glue on the googly eyes and the small red pom pom, which will be the Penguin’s nose.. You can use a brush to spread the glue more easily when doing this step.
4) Use the brush to spread some glue onto the bottom of the hat. Now you can start adding some cotton to create the brim of the hat. Firmly press the cotton onto the hat.Then attach the wool pom pom to the top of the penguin hat by using some glue dots. It’s time to glue your penguin hat to the top of the penguin face.
5) Attach the round gold stickers to the penguin’s body, as if they were coat buttons. Then, use the red ribbon to create a beautiful bow for the penguin’s neck. Your Christmas Penguin is ready!!
6) Finally, fold the black cardstock into four parts and glue the two edges in order to form a rectangle. Then glue the rectangle to the back of the cardstock where you glued the legs. Your Christmas Penguin will now be able to stand! 😉
I hope you had fun making our Christmas Penguin! 🐧 Please leave your comments here.
If you liked this post, you’ll love the related articles. The Sakura Tree is always working hard to come up with new ideas and projects for you. ❤️